Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Third Tuesday weigh-in

232.5 lb

Gain of 0.5 lb from last week. Net loss for three weeks 4.0 lb. My goal is to lose 10.5 lb by Jan 6th, 2009

I was hoping for a loss but the scale says what it says. I did not miss any workouts and even added three workouts to try to offset the Thanksgiving feast and other parties (so I did a total of nine 20 min+ workouts in 7 days.) But I can't go back and uneat what I ate last week nor can I go back and drink more water. I can focus on what I do this week so I can report an improvement next Tuesday. I have no doubt that the portion size of what I eat is the major roadblock to my losing weight. I do believe losing weight requires both diet and exercise, I just know that my 6 workouts per week are plenty of exercise and food is where I mess up.

A big hazard for me is getting frustrated with the bumps in the road. I could go off a cliff and just forget the whole thing if I let one small disappointment snowball. I can get the attitude that, "I tried really hard and failed so what is the point in getting up and trying again." Instead I will learn from mistakes I made this week and avoid them going forward. One thing I need to do for sure is stay out of the kitchen when leftovers are sitting around. Another is to drink more water throughout the day and before bed. For all I know I could just be retaining extra water from my neglegence.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I have noticed that if I lose a small amount 1 week, the next week is usually a lot better. I can exercise a lot, its easy compared to the eating. Its funny how it can be totally opposite for some people.

Christina said...

Water, drink more water. Doesn't that just help with everything. Hold on, let me get my water bottle . . .

Anonymous said...

Since I haven't been able to work out this week I have upped the water a ton and just been doing push-ups and sit ups and watching my portions. I am always amazed at what a portion is when I think about it instead of just filling my plate. Leftovers are my downfall as well. Tonight I had to put the taco stuff right away so as not to keep picking at it. Habits are hard to break!

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags