Monday, December 8, 2008

Seattle Trip



If you can't tell by my photo, I had a blast in Seattle with Heidi and Rebecca. We are totally doing that again.

Friday, we got in to the Hotel by taxi and met Heidi for her birthday dinner at Anthony's across the street from the hotel. Great food, swordfish and salmon as well as an awesome three tier appetizer.

Saturday, we ate breakfast at the FishClub in the hotel and then walked to and through the Seattle Olympic sculpture park (where the above was shot by Rebecca near the sculpture called Wake, by Richard Serra) Then we met Heidi for lunch at Arayas Vegetarian Place for a Thai vegetarian buffet. It was epic. After that we hit a Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture and movie (James Bond: Quantum of Solace). Movie was a great idea since we needed to rest our tired dogs.

Sunday it was breakfast at Cherry Street Coffee House, Trader Joes, Pike Place Market, Ivars, Heidi's crib to pick up Brett and finally Nijo for the best Sushi ever.

Monday we had little time to do much but pack, checkout, and head to the gate but we did squeeze in some more Ivar's chowder (both the Salmon and White are really good.)

Each day we worked out at the hotel gym in the morning, I added 20 more minutes to my workouts (40 min total) to try to compensate for eating more than normal but as of tonight I am back up at 236.0 lb. That is not an official weigh-in so we will see what tomorrow holds, I might just do water tomorrow to try and come back down some. I think I will also check my bodyfat percentage to see if it has budged any.

highlights:
  • Heidi is so skinny. That bitch!
  • Actually having conversations with Brett lasting more than hi/bye.
  • Met Asha, Heidi's cat.
  • Learned more about Rebecca's interests (such as her interest in Alaskan cruises)
facepalms:
  • Sitting adjacent to passengers getting drunk. iPods are lifesavers in this situation, plug in, turn on, tune out!
  • Walking up and down a five flight parking garage trying to get out of it.
  • Forgetting my vitamins and pain killers from home.
notes to self:
  • Avoid downtown Seattle when Seahawks are playing, as parking is non-existent and cut throat.
  • Should have done Mon-Friday rather than over the weekend, more time to prepare to return to work.
  • Once you find some parking, keep it and walk wherever possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi is always skinny. I say it is because she isn't married yet. You know, the newlywed 15 (not to be confused with the freshman 15)

Rebecca looks so happy and rested and amazing in that picture. You look happy too- but there is a sparkle in her eyes.

I am glad the trip was so fun. I want her to move back here, but I also love that she gives us a place to visit.

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags