Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fourth Tuesday weigh-in

231.5 lb
31% body fat

Loss of 1 lb from last week. Net loss for four weeks is 5.0 lb My goal is to lose an additional 9.5 lb to weigh 222 lb by Jan 6th, 2009. Bad news is I don't have much time left and would have to hit a loss of over 2 lb per week from now until Jan 6 to hit the goal I set. Good news is:
  • I am trending downward during a time when I would otherwise be getting much bigger.
  • I am exercising consistently.
  • I have more energy, have less stress, and am happier.
  • My clothes (especially pants) are not as tight.
  • I have successfully overcome the challenges of holiday food temptations and some vacation travel challenges. I didn't allow a hard two weeks to throw me off course completely.
Blogging the progress (or lack thereof) every week has turned out to be a great strategy to keep me honest with myself and more focused during the week. Regardless of my hitting the Jan 6th goal, if I continue doing this, not only will I eventually reach 222 lb, but I will establish good habits that I can pass on to my kids and habits that will preserve my quality of life for decades.
I think it would be neat to look back 2 or three years from now and say, "Here is where I fundamentally and permanently changed my life." Or even someday say, "I can't believe I used to weight 236.5lb, that is huge!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are blogging the process. It is inspiring!

I love your list of good news. That is so how I try to think of goals during the process so I am learning along the way instead of going up and down when I am doing good or fall off the track a little.

I hope to conquer the holiday good temptations. Still working on that!

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags