Monday, December 29, 2008

I should not have looked this up

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. So stop reading now if you want to remain that way and enjoy soda pop guilt free. Linc made the offhand comment that 64 oz looked like about the same size as a two liter bottle... so today I looked it up...

Google says:
64 US fluid ounces = 1.89270589 liters

So yes a 64 oz cup is almost an entire 2 liter bottle of soda (~95% of a 2 liter).
Doing some more math...

64 oz of Dr Pepper is 800 calories, 213 grams ( over 2/3 cup ) of high fructose corn syrup (sugar), and 354 mg caffeine.

64 oz of Vault is 928 calories, 250 grams ( 1 cup ) of high fructose corn syrup (sugar), and 370 mg caffeine .

I have consumed more than two 64 oz sodas in addition to eating candy and bags of Kettle chips several times this week (that is equivalent to over 1 1/3 cups of sugar and nearly 1 full gram of caffeine from just soda). My hopes are not high for tomorrow's weigh in. You reap what you sow... as they say.

What I plan to do in the future is limit my soda intake to one day a week (or less) and supplement soda with water if I am still thirsty after drinking all 64 oz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is freaking sick! I am so glad I can't drink one of those myself, but I sure can suck it down. The calorie content is just baffling to me. And gross.

Ignorance IS bliss. But my fat butt needs me to be informed!

Christina said...

Terrifying! Thanks for being our informant.

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags