Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ninth Tuesday weigh-in

229.0 lb

No gain or loss from last week. My goal is to lose 7.5 lb to weigh 222 lb by January 29th.

Yikes three weeks with no change! Well here is some good news for myself, my body fat as of today is 29%, I started at 32% so that is a loss of 3% since 11/11/2008 and is actually what I set for my original goal! So I started with ~75.68 lb of fat on me, now I have ~66.41 lb of fat on me, which equates to a loss of ~9.27 lb of fat. So I have proof of burning ~32,000 calories more than I have consumed the past nine weeks because 1lb of fat is 3500 calories. So that works out to be about 3500 calories per week which is right about 1 lb of fat a week, nine weeks, nine pounds lost... it's crazy how this math all adds up!

I think I am going to stay away from store-bought candy for a while as that is one of my weaknesses that I think is holding me back from losing as much as I would like. Not that homemade cookies and ice cream is the key to weight loss success either. At least with homemade I'll overeat on the best tasting calories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think it is realistic to lose a pound a week? Is 3500 calories 1# of fat for everyone or is that based on your height and weight and all that?

I have lost 1# a week since the start of the year and feel ready to cut back more in the food dept. The candy gets me too. Plus, I can really work up a sweat now on the bike and am going to start back to kickboxing next week. If I focused on just a pound a week, cutting 3500 calories would do it?. Am I thinking of that right?

Harley said...

I actually was shooting for 2lbs and I have read in several books and magazines that 2lb is the MAX you should try to lose per week in order to prevent muscle loss>lower metabolism>yo-yo effect. Losing weight permanently is not easy for some people. Oprah is a great example of that, she has access to all the resources etc... for weight loss. She has what looks like the perfect situation to me and yet still struggles with keeping her weight off. It is actually very hard to do and I don't think any perfect plan or magical set of rules will work for all people. The only principle I use is eat less than you burn. It is a simple thing to say that but a hard thing to do it consistently.

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags