Friday, March 28, 2008

Eleanor has Croup

We are in a single room shaped kind of like an "L" at the residence inn. Eleanor somehow got croup so her poor little pathetic self is wheezing and coughing all through the night. WebMD says it should only last a few days. If you know of treatments for this that you personally have found to work on 14 month old kids, drop me a comment or send an email. I could tell it was hard for her to swallow the little bites of banana she ate, her poor throat must hurt. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to witness you kid seriously hurt or how hard it would be to deal with a child who has life-threatening illness. Becoming a parent certainly has changed my perspective on life and how to treat others unselfishly.
Marriage has had that effect on me as well. I have a gained perspective from Rebecca that I doubt I would have found any other way. I am glad we don't always agree. She and I have opinions and hold our own in discussions. Rebecca definetly has motherly-instincts when it comes to Eleanor that I just don't, so we butt heads sometimes when she wants to get Eleanor something that I think is a waste of space and money.

Here is a link to list the info about croup:

http://children.webmd.com/tc/croup-topic-overview

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this makes me so sad! All I have heard as far as remedies go is the steam bathroom treatment where you let the hot water run in the shower and sit there in the steamy bathroom for 10 minutes and breathe.

Good luck!

Christina said...

I did some research this morning and emailed it to Rebecca. Eleanor, GET WELL SOON!

Harley said...

She seems better today. We got her some otter pops! Hannah remember those? Otter Pops Rule!

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags