Friday, February 15, 2008

Here I go

While I wait for a server to restart, I thought I would blog about my upcoming trip to Atlanta, it is for three days. The flights from SLC to Atlanta all seem to have connections, except for Delta. I guess I can't complain about that since it is faster than driving even with a connection. I just hope my luggage makes it there. Their is a chance I could be living in Austin, TX for 8 weeks this year, whoa that is a lot of time away! Good news is I would be able to take my wife and daughter with me and visit some family in Texas I have neglected to visit for a long time, bad news is Rebecca, Eleanor and I would be gone from family and friends for about 2 months straight. It is crazy the things we do for a buck. I hope the trip does not start before the girl's trip to Seattle to see Heidi, if that is the case then Rebecca would have to take Eleanor with her and catch up with me in Austin, TX later because she already has the non-refundable ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is news- but exciting news! I have a friend whose husband teaches French and BYU and does the study abroad stuff in the summer. Last year their whole family- 3 kids from 2-12 years, moved to Paris for 10 weeks. THAT would be hard. I so hope it isn't before the Seattle trip- for Rebecca's sake. We'll miss you if you go of course, but it would be a cool opportunity!

Harley said...

Well right now a guy at this company I work for is living with his family in Germany, for 6 months for an on-site job. They sold their house and put their stuff in storage and are living there and will have to buy new one when they get back to Utah. I don't think I would be that crazy.

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags