Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The grass needs me

I miss the lawn and miss mowing it. Now that the weather is nicer in Utah, I am sure some epic mowing is taking place and I am missing it all. I actually asked a grounds keeper in Austin to let me push his mower around for a minute, he just pretended not to know English.

The Orem tenant is moving out as well, which means the lawn at Orem is in need of attention. I was thinking of getting a lawnmower for the Orem rental and just storing it in the shed. Once the tenant is out and locks are changed. I need to get the following done there:
  • photos of the condition of the interior/exterior
  • change the city,gas,electric utilities back over to me
  • lock for the shed
  • lawn mower and gas can for the shed
  • someone to mow Orem rental while I am still in Austin
  • bids to replace carpet
  • bids for any other work for getting the house ready to rent
  • advertise for new tenants

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of grass, with you in another state, I am now the croquet king! Noone can stand in my way.

Anonymous said...

What ever Linc! I thought Mom won on a last minute fluke? Don't listen to him Harley...

I am taking pictures this weekend of your place and will e-mail them.

Let me talk to Mom about babysitting, but I am sure I can mow the lawn over there until you get back. Just have to figure out a lawnmower. I'll keep an eye out for free ones and see what comes up. If you find one online or something and order it, you could have it shipped to Mom's house and Dad could take it over there to store. Getting a lock wouldn't be a big deal at all. Think about it...

Christina said...

Missing the lawn? I didn't know how much I missed having a yard until I went up to Hal's the last two weekends, he has lilacs, azaleas, three maple trees, hostas, daylilies, violets, etc., etc., etc.

He cut lilacs for me this morning and brought them over when he picked me up. Yummy!

Yes, I feel like I live in a hotel. Glad you get to go home relatively soon!

About Me

My photo
Lead Java Developer Husband and Father

Tags